Organic Oolong Tea
Also known as Wu-long Tea. Click on More info… just below to read about the benefits of this tea.
Oolong tea is a ‘partially oxidized tea’ this means it is between green tea and black tea as far as the processing goes. So you do get some of the same benefits as drinking black tea and green tea. Wu-long Tea is also Oolong Tea. The name comes from the man who discovered Oolong, and has stuck in some circles and countries. According to Wikipedia, oolong tea had its origin in the Anxi oolong tea plant. A man named Sulong, Wulong or Wuliang discovered it. This is why some teas that are really Oolongs are sold under the name Wu Long. Along with these two named teas, Wu Yi tea comes into play as well. There are also oolong teas sold under the name Wu Yi, this is from the region in which the Oolong is grown, the Wu Yi mountains of China. Regardless of if you buy Wu Long, Wu Yi or Oolong, you are consuming the same Chinese Tea!
Health Benefits Of Oolong tea: In recent times there has been a lot of scientific studies aimed at identifying this amazing tea health benefits; and it includes:-
• Oolong tea increases metabolism, burns fat and blocks dietary fat absorption.
• Reduces the fattening effects of carbs.
• Clarifies skin; gives your face a clear, healthy glow.
• Heals skin ailments: helps treat recalcitrant types (does not respond to conventional treatment) of atopic dermatitis (skin diseases) based on research finding by Uehara of the Shiga university.
• Reverses signs of aging, rich source of antioxidants, to mop up free radicals. Free radicals are damaging substances in your body caused by ultra-violet rays, chemical food additives, pollution and stress.
• Promotes strong and healthy teeth: A new study shows the regular consumption of Oolong tea strengthens teeth and helps prevent tooth decay by significantly inhibiting plaque deposition.
• Strengthens your immune system. Those who consumed Oolong tea were found to have a stronger immune system and a significantly lower risk for infections such as the common cold.
• Enhances Mind-Body Wellness: (The Compendium of Materia Medica), says the tea will make one live long and stay in good shape.
• 100% Organic, Natural & Nourishing. Unlike artificial fat burners, Oolong is natural and nourishing to your health. Many users report feelings of increased focus and well-being. Keep in mind, Oolong does contain some caffeine about as much as a cup of green tea but less than a cup of coffee.
• Studies conducted in 2004 tend to suggest that drinking premium Oolong for a year reduced high blood pressure. Those who drank one cup a day were 45% less prone to have high blood pressure and 65% less likely to develop high blood pressure if more than 2 cups were consumed per day.
• One 2001 Japanese study stated that one month daily consumption of Oolong tea could result in reduction of cholesterol levels. In 2004 study, it was reported that oolong tea increases plasma adiponectin levels. Low levels of plasma adiponectin results in type 2 diabetes mellitus, obesity, and coronary artery disease (CAD).
A 50 gm bag will make about 60 cups of tea.
Organic Camellia sinensis
Available in black kraft bags.
Refills in plain kraft bags.
Also in MIRON Violet Glass. Height 105.6mm. Diameter 61.4 +1.3 / -0.7 mm.
The teas in the jars are measured by volume (200ml) not gm weight.
Makes approximately 30 Cups. Re-use the jar and save by ordering bags next time.
More information on the Jars here.